Volpetti has always put quality first: we have selected 7 iconic specialties of the Italian culinary tradition, ideal to be combined together for a perfect aperitivo or to make the ideal Italian dinner, best enjoyed together with family and friends. Are you ready to make your mouth water?
- Prosciutto Sant’Ilario is considered the king of hams, produced in the province of Parma , obtained from the best and largest pork legs, carefully selected, worked for more than half a century in the small ham factory of Lesignano, and left to mature for 30 months. It will conquer you with its sweet, fresh and delicate flavor, obtained thanks to an extremely dosed salting, the abundant presence of fat and the slow and natural seasoning, a long refinement during which it acquires a recognizable flavor and aroma with closed eyes. Excellent tasted alone, pure, accompanied by a slice of good homemade bread, perfect in combination with fruit such as figs and melon, it goes perfectly with cheeses, both spreadable like Robiola and Squacquerone, and hard pasta like Parmesan and Pecorino.
- Red Cow Parmigiano needs no introduction: produced with the milk of one of the most prized cattle breeds ever, the Reggiana Red Cow, fed with herbs and hay strictly GMO free. Characteristic of this Parmesan with a unique and intense taste, aged for 30 months, is precisely that of keeping on the palate all the vegetal hints of the grass that cows feed on. Ideal to accompany fruit mustards and to season raw and cooked vegetables, excellent on fish and meat carpaccio, it creates a unique combination with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, the great DOP of our country. Pair it with a full-bodied red wine like a Lambrusco or a Rosso di Montalcino.
- Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena: among balsamic vinegars the oldest and best known, made from concentrated grape must, the result of careful selection of the grapes (according to the PGI specification, they must come exclusively from 7 particular vines), left to age in small, precious wood barrels, which enrich its bouquet with unmistakable woody notes. Let yourself be conquered by its intense color, its limpid and brilliant appearance, and its delicate smell which is a pendant to an extremely balanced taste, in which sweet and sour notes are perfectly combined. Perfect as a condiment for many dishes, it lends itself to an infinite number of combinations: meat, fish, vegetables, cheeses, fruit and even some types of desserts. We advise you to try it with Parmesan and bresaola, perhaps accompanied by a good glass of red wine.
- Bresaola from Valchiavenna, the pride of Northern Italy, prepared with high quality cuts of beef (silverside or sirloin), spiced and smoked with pine wood. Skinny, it will conquer you with its bright red color, delicate and light perfume, sweet taste and extremely pleasant on the palate, made unique by the particular seasoning (favored by the climatic conditions of the area where it is produced) and by the precious wood with which it is smoked. Ideal served as a carpaccio, together with rocket and Parmesan, seasoned with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a drop of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, Bresaola from Valchiavenna is perfect in combination with light red wines, which do not dominate the aroma of smoking.
- Pecorino Romano PDO: among the Lazio products one of the most famous, produced exclusively with made with whole sheep’s milk, coming from the farms of the production area, protected by the specification. This cheese of ancient origins, characterized by a compact paste and a color that varies from white to straw, which on the palate is aromatic, savory and slightly spicy, marries wonderfully with an infinite number of flavors. Protagonist of some of the most famous Roman recipes such as Carbonara, Gricia, Amatriciana and Cacio e Pepe, Pecorino Romano also goes perfectly with honey, jams and fruit sauces. We advise you to serve it at the table together with a good plate of local cheeses and salami.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Terra Majura: high quality oil from the company’s over 100-year-old olive grove, nestled in the Umbrian hills, near Terni. Made from Moraiolo, Leccino, Frantoio and Pendolino quality olives, rigorously harvested by hand in November and cold pressed, within 12 hours of collection, Terra Majura oil is characterized by an extremely balanced and soft taste, due to the ripening late olives. Suitable for various uses in the kitchen, it is perfect raw, to flavor legumes, soups, and cooked vegetables, or to season meat and sliced carpaccio such as bresaola.
- Whole Spicy Small Chillies from Calabria: produced by the Paradiso dei Golosi, a family-run company based in the province of Cosenza, which for over 30 years has been dedicated to the selection, processing and marketing of the best raw materials of Calabria. Use them whole or chopped to prepare mouth-watering sautées, chop them and use them to season all the dishes you want, or store them in extra virgin olive oil, to give the latter that touch of spiciness that never hurts.
What are you waiting for? Take advantage of our offer, and give yourself excellence!